Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Sunday 18 July 2010

Ready to roll....


Today was our final training ride, a 65 mile tour of the Cotswolds, taking in Stow-on-the-Wold and Broadway. During which I was reminded thet 'Wold' is the Old English word for hill.

I was joined by Steve Peoples, John Quigley and Rob Davis. Great guys, but all younger, fitter, lighter and with lighter bikes, which meant that while I was OK on the flat, I struggled to keep up on the climbs....tant pis, as they say south of Dover (or should that be Douvers?.)

Since I got back I've been planning the route - not an easy task, as there's a trade-off between speed and safety. Talking with my fellow riders, we' re all happy to take a bit longer and enjoy the experience.

I've had the bike fettled at Mike's Bikes, bought a handlebar bag (partly to hold a map, partly to store 'fuel' for topping up while riding.

Just think - this time next week I'll be luxuriating at the Barnstaple Travellodge....

No comments:

Post a Comment