Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Saturday 26 June 2010

C'mon Ingerlund!

Cycling through any town at the moment, you can't help noticing the number of St George's cross flags adorning buildings and cars. Closer inspection reveals it's the Sun wot done it....Being England there's a class element at play - I regularly see a chap in an Audi convertible in Leek Wootton, with a more up-market magnetic flag on the bonnet.

It's been a pretty dull World Cup so far, and the star of the show is not Torres, Messi or even our own Roonaldo...it's the vuvuzela! When the TV's on, but I'm in another room, (and to be frank, unless England's involved it's just 22 blokes chasing a pig's bladder round a field) I'm often convinced there's a swarm of bees nesting in the living room.

I think they're great. When I heard complaints about a 'monotonous droning noise' on the BBC, I thought they were talking about Alan Green. However, I'm not sure I'll be so keen when they appear in the Harbury Lane End at Leamington FC's first home game of next season....

No comments:

Post a Comment