Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Monday 28 June 2010

Kerb your enthusiasm

Had my first crash yesterday, before I'd even got out of Barford.

Looking to cut the corner at the southern junction of the by-pass I was concentrating on avoiding my cycling companion so that when I reached the lowered kerb it was more kerb than lowered. Horrible feeling in that split second you realise you're 'goin' dahn', as they say in Eastenders. Ironically, one of the reasons I switched from running to cycling was to lessen the effect of impacts on my knees....

On the upside, the bike was relatively undamaged and my choice of lycra shorts meant no damage to cycling kit...

Fortunately the injuries look worse than they are (at least that's what I hope...), and I carried on for a pleasant 60-miler, taking in Shipston-on-Stour, Brailes (tough climb), Banbury, Edge Hill (scary descent...) and Kineton. Interesting sighting s included an Ariel Atom, a pair of yellow vipers, Fezza 559 and 16 Honda S2000s.



Bad news... I got back early enough to watch England v Germany. Good News... Ricky Ponting's face when England beat Aussie and Steveland's set at Glasto almost made up for it....

No comments:

Post a Comment