Easy Rider

Easy Rider

Wednesday 23 June 2010

I can't let Maggie go.....*

This morning I did the ride to work in a record 57 minutes. I'd decided to 'press on', riding faster then the '8-hours-a-day' LE-JOG pace, to build up fitness. More about having the acceleration to climb hills than stamina.

On the return journey, to celebrate England's unconvincing win against tiny Slovenia I detoured to Kenilworth, riding along Woodland Road and Inchbrook Road, where I lived as a kid. Weird how some things have changed, others haven't . Bizarrely, everything looks smaller now.

There's nothing better than riding home in the evening sun with a warm breeze, the aromas of the countryside and the evening sun on your face. Today I saw a hot air balloon over the Avon valley, the epitome of tranquility in a busy world.

For some people, the arrival of spring and summer are charted by the first sightings of birds such as the Swallow. For me, it's the sighting of classic cars.

On recent rides I've spotted a TVR Tuscan, MGB, Lotus Elan (1990s version), Austin Healey and TR6. And even a Hillman Imp.

* Apparently my titles are too oblique for some....this isn't a referrence to the Iron Lady, but to a 60's song by the Honeybus, used in a Nimble bread advert featuring a pleasant young lady rather implausibly taking off in a hot air balloon...

No comments:

Post a Comment